EU-LDC Regions - South East Asia - Description/Local
Centre for European Studies (CES), Chulalongkorn
University, Bankok, Thailand
CES was established in 1997, carrying on the
activities of the Chulalongkorn University European Studies
Programme (CUESP) funded by the European Commission since 1993.
The main objective of CES is to create better
understanding within Thailand of the European Union and, in
particular, the European integration process and EU-ASEAN/Thai
relations. Further, it seeks to disseminate information and
knowledge of European Affairs in the ASEAN region.
CES undertakes activities in the following areas:
- Research, CES runs joint research programmes on
ASEAN-EU relations in economics, political science, law and
- Conferences and workshops, and training programmes on
the EU, and relations between the EU and ASEAN region.
- Publications, CES publishes books, research monographs,
occasional papers, the Journal of European Studies and the
Asia-Europe Studies Series (AESS).
- Teaching, CES co-ordinates, in collaboration with the
graduate school of Chulalongkorn University, a Masterís
Programme in European Studies.
- Networking, CES promotes co-operative networks between
ASEAN and European Scholars and building linkages between
institutions in the two regions.
- Resources, the European Documentation Centre collects
materials on politics, economics, law, and history of the
integration of the European Community.
EU-LDC Network Contact Person
Charit Tingsabadh - Tcharit@chula.ac.th
For further information visit the CES